Sunday, May 13, 2012

Flippin' Steam and Flowers! That's What I Am Talking About!

Yesterday we went to the Grand Canyon Railway, to experience the National Train Day Weekend! It was loads of fun! We rode on the train; walked through the old tractor and old car show, which they had there. We also checked out one of their diesel engines (diesel? I know); but it was cool to get to be inside where the engineers sit and drive. They had a little model railroad, which the kids liked to see...just good train fun, I tell ya! Later, yesterday, we went to the Cracker Barrel for dinner, and wandered over to Starbucks for some evening coffee. It was a great Saturday. TODAY...Happy Mother's Day to my Moms! I was treated to Warner's Nursery, to buy my season's flowers. I always look forward to buying my flowers! One of the new things I bought this year, a "Miss Ruby" Summer Lilac bush! I have always wanted to grow lilacs here, but thought we were too high in elevation...I was proved wrong. They are everywhere up here! So I got me one! We actually planted in out front, in the river rock area. Also the first time, actually, that I planted flowers in our soil, and not pots. Love it! It has been a great weekend, spending it with the love of my life and our two children. I am a very blessed Mama and wife!



























No comments:

Post a Comment