Thursday, March 18, 2010

Our last full day of our trip...Calico Ghost Town!

So much fun! I love Calico. The kids LOVED it too! That gave us a glimmer of how they will react to Disneyland (although it is like comparing apples to oranges, in terms of places). But they loved the buildings and train ride and the walk through a real mine tunnel...1000 ft., in to be exact. It was so chill there. Not many people at all. When the stores and restaurants closed at 5:00pm...that's when it really felt like a ghost town...awesome! We met up with Dad and Mom Stafford. That was a nice treat for all of us. We all enjoy the same things, so good company to have around. It was nice to have the kids spend a full day with their grandparents as well. I took lots of pictures...couldn't help myself. I absolutely fall into being tourist. It is the best experience that way. We all had an early dinner (before 5:00) at the Calico House Restaurant, and they served up tasty food. We were the only people eating, and had a nice table on the covered deck listening to great western instrumental tunes. I also got an $8.00 tin souvenir mug out of it; the folks paid for our meal, (including my over indulgence tin mug with the town of Calico printed on it). Again, tourist... Hello my name is Julie and I am not from around here. Can you see me coming? Hahaha. It was a gorgeous day. Warm with a nice breeze. Couldn't have asked for a better day. Lots of walking, seeing the history of an old silver mining town, eating yummy food; and just spending the day with the family all says...priceless. This day was the icing on a great week of camping and seeing parts of California I never had before; and memories for our kids as well. Thank you Lord for keeping us safe this trip...and for our drive home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment