Saturday, May 23, 2015

Yesterday Was The Last Day Of School!

As I'm writing this up, I am currently sitting in our trailer, down at "Dead Horse Ranch State Park." Sipping on my coffee...taking in a little break from reality. Poor Jeff has a cold, AGAIN, and the kids have their leftover ongoing coughs...but we are all thrilled to get out of the house, and our cold weather up at home! Yesterday was the last day of fourth grade for Mr. Kent, and last day of second grade for little Samantha! Yesterday we had field day, so lots of games for kids to compete in, and the race to eat gummy bears in a pile of whipped cream! It was also the last day for Paullette, being office manager. I take over completely on Tuesday. It was a very quick and kind of emotional day. After school got out, the good DocTA Williams, Rick (4th grade teacher), and Pat (7th grade teacher), came over to the house to scoop alpaca poop for our new school garden. Alpaca poop is the best you can have for your plants and  flowers! So picture a white pick up truck, with three men sitting in the front, parked in front of my house...my neighbor Judy just happened to drive by as well, and when I met up with her with my truck, she said, you know, there are three men sitting in a truck in front of your property. They look suspicious. I laughed so hard. I said yeah...I work with those suspicious guys, and they're actually here to shovel alpaca poop. So when I opened the gate, they pulled up and I told them...um...you guys look suspicious just sitting here looking at my property, and they laughed because they knew my neighbor stopped me and said that. So funny. After the poopin'scoopin', I loaded up our trailer and waited for Jeff to get home...after connecting the trailer, eating a quick dinner, we didn't leave the house until after 6:00 sometime. We arrived at our site #12, at just around 8:00 last night. It feels great to be back here. We camp here until Monday morning. Good times people. Good times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment