Saturday, May 21, 2011

I want to be a Harvey Girl too!

Jeff and I dropped off the kids yesterday afternoon at the folks, so we have had some alone time. Last night we ate at the Texas Roadhouse, in Prescott (always fun &good food). Today we put up a new hanging light over our dining table, because the one the house came with, broke and it was ugly bad! I say ugly bad! So now we have a tavern style light fixture and it looks great. After that, Jeff came up with the idea to have a late lunch at the historic Harvey hotel, La Posada, est. 1930. The last Santa Fe Railroad Hotel, the architect, Mary Jane Colter. You talk about a beautiful hotel in Winslow. A couple bought it a few years back and renovated it, and it is gorgeous. I have to say, though, there was some crazy, unusual, ugly artwork that was all through out the place. Tacky, in my opinion. But besides that... amazing place, with the old southwestern decor and furniture, wooden beams, Terra cotta tiles, oh yes. The lunch in The Turquoise Room was delicious! Highly recommended, with a close view of the back property, overlooking the BNSF railroad. After our time there, we took hwy 87 back to Flagstaff. A scenic drive, and relaxing. We sure enjoy our day trips, making the most of them!








No comments:

Post a Comment