A family's blog of life, crazy times, fun times, random posts, and just memories being created daily!
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Country Christmas And Country Chickens In The Fall
I have shifted gears, from making fall pumpkins, to Country Christmas ornaments. I'll also be painting more rustic signs, but the ornaments are my new favorite projects! Once again, I am using Ball jar lids. It is amazing how many things you can make with those things! I am also making Christmas ornaments with pine cones (those pictures, another time). All the ornaments are hand painted, by me, I have the burlap, ribbons, fabrics, buttons, and other little touches, on these cute little tree decorations. I am also taking orders for these ornaments, because they do take time to make. I have a couple people interested in them. Ideas: ladies luncheon, coworkers, neighbors, church members, friends, family members, the list goes on and on! So if you are interested...it would be wise to notify ASAP. Also...each one is different. They can't be the same, because I have different buttons, ribbons, etc. Plus, being hand painted, my hand likes to make each one slightly different, hence, the unique factor, and one of a kind gift. Posted, are some of the completed ornaments, but more are being made daily. Also...I took a couple of pictures, of our current fall colors, on our property, and three of my six chickens...Betty, Lucy and Latte. Those crazy chickens. They are all doing well...although, they love to lay their eggs in random places on our property. It has become an egg hunt almost daily around here! Oh chickens. Oh yes, and another thing...I have been subbing more and more at the school, and still loving it! I got to experience the preschoolers this week, and those cute little kids, were so excited to have me in their room; being that I am a "new" face in their classroom. I read five books to them, because the kids couldn't get enough of the stories! Hugs, and more hugs are my rewards. It is so special, to get to be apart of all of these kids' lives, whether it's preschoolers, to the junior highers (sometimes with the junior highers). Samantha was excited, because last week, I finally got to be the substitute for her class! That was pretty cute too. I have subbed for Kent's class many times already, and finally getting to know all of these kids' names. This job, is a blessing for me and our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment